Thread: News Stories
View Single Post
Old 2011-08-23, 22:18   Link #16052
andyjay729
YOU EEDIOT!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
We prefer earthquakes to all the other natural disasters. Almost all the rest of them you can see coming and get the feeling of dread and inevibility...
On another anime board I visit, someone from Mississippi said, "At least you can see hurricanes coming" on why she disliked earthquakes more. I guess one way to put it is, would you rather be stabbed to death by a guy sneaking up on you from behind, or someone coming at you from the front?

But, the reason my family is in Southern California is because of the salubrious climate (in our opinion), not out of preferring earthquakes to hurricanes. That said, we occasionally get humid monsoon weather in late summer as well as, once in a great while, the remnants of hurricanes coming up from Central America. I saw a history blurb in the news recently that among the highest rainfall San Diego got in a day in August was during a hurricane.

And just last winter I went up to Santa Cruz when a cold winter storm left snow on the nearby mountains. It didn't last the whole day, but it sure looked pretty the next morning.