View Single Post
Old 2012-01-31, 00:28   Link #3693
LoveMeKags
#1 Ranka Fan!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
And I honestly think the writers should stop being so fucking coy about the ending. It's neither clever nor cute.
It started years ago and it will never stop. We still don't know whether or not we'll see the original triangle nor if they're even alive at this point. Outside of the "triangle ending," you have to deal with the actual "ending" regardless if you like it or not.

For example: I didn't like that Mao lost but I'd love to know what happened to Sara and Shin; however, I'll never know. But I accept it. It's over. Zero is gone.

So all I have to say is "accept the overall ending."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yot-chan View Post
The thing is...how are we sure that "Shooting Star" comes AFTER the end of the movie...?

(Also: I'm relishing the irony of people who hated and distrusted Ranka in the series suddenly believing her when she says that when Alto comes back, Sheryl wakes up. Not trying to start a war, just sayin'.)
I think it did come after the ending but the speech Sheryl gives to the crowd in the middle sounds awfully like the speech in Alcatraz. So I'm stumped.

(Also: I had the same thought whilst reading back posts. I was floored to read the posts. Why in the world would they start trusting Ranka after all of this time? After all the hate and disappointment, they suddenly find the weirdest way to say Alto returning is canon (not that it isn't but there is no actual show). I never brought up those words either, and I'm a #1 Ranka fan. So looking back at the posts, I'm actually quite questioning why people are suddenly so attached to a character they hate (or dislike) or rather don't support just so Alto returning (if ever) can be canon. I think that will remain a mystery, Yot-chan. But I'd never use any words that Sheryl used to justify how Alto/Ranka is canon.)

---

Here is my one and only reply to this conversation outside of replies: the movie has been on Blu-Ray for months, so why the heck is this discussion (which had been finished months ago) still going on?

Kawamori answered all the questions. Whether you like it or not is not up to you. One day, when you have enough money, take a trip to Japan, approach him, and ask him honestly. If that day ever comes, then you'll actually have relief.