View Single Post
Old 2012-07-25, 11:40   Link #34
kanon78
Confederate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aphrah View Post
We got "trolled" by episode 1? What?

You speak as if you represent those so-called "LN readers". Many of us are actually enjoying the anime adaptation; it's far from perfect, but it's still pretty good.

When you go in with asinine expectations, and expect a translation instead of an adaptation. You're definitely going to be disappointed by the end result.
I don't represent anyone but myself. If you think it's pretty good ... I'm glad for you. That doesn't make my points any less valid. Anyway (I think) the adaptation is far from good (episode 2 and 3 are too rushed with serious pacing issues) but nonetheless still enjoyable because I'm (also) happy just seeing SAO animated at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Komeirin View Post
When you compare an adaptation with its source, the latter tend to win by default. Deal with it.
It has nothing to do with dealing with it, because it's nothing new and will continue to happen unfortunately.
The point I wanted to make is that it all depends on the ingenuity of the anime staff knowing the source material is already "gold" and thus it doesn't need any butchering, rushing/pacing issues and anime original filler/ending, because it will not do the original content justice.
Examples of good "faithfull" adaptations are Death Note, Monster and Cross Game.
Examples where they did not do the original content justice (for whatever BS reason) by taking some strange/mediocre adaptation liberties are Chrome Shelled Regios, Break Blade and Legend of the Legendary Heroes etc.

If you can't see the difference then by all means enjoy anything they give you...
kanon78 is offline   Reply With Quote