Old 2009-07-15, 23:35   Link #2139
DezoPenguin
Beta by Accident
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmiralTigerclaw View Post
Investigator: "Sir, I've noticed a discrepency in the archive."

Commander: "What kind of discrepency?"

Investigator: "Well, I was persuing leads on our suspected Terrorist when I noticed something odd about the Non-Administered Worlds database."

Commander: "What about it?"

Investigator: "I was going through records 93, 94, 95, 96, 98, 99, and 100 trying to find possible-"

Commander: "You skipped 97..."

Investigator: "Actually, That's just it sir... Record 97... it's not there."

Commander: "You mean Record 97 is blank?"

Investigator: "No sir. I'd be able to reconstruct data from any archiving glitch that blanked record 97, or even be able to trace any previous access of that record had it been tampered with. But I don't even have a marker place for the record. It's just simply, not there. There IS no record 97."

Commander: There's something fishy going on here... Send an encrypted message to Internal Affairs. Inform them of possible archive tampering activity. Don't say anything else. They'll find it on their own.

Investigator: "Done. What do you think is going on?"

Commander: "Whatever it is, sticking our nose into it alone is dangerous. Shut down the terminal, the hard way."

Investigator: "On it."
*chortle* Cute. But why cover it up? The Book of Darkness isn't a secret, after all. It's a major problem that routinely demands the attention of whole fleets whenever it manifests in the universe. Book located, Book ran out of control, Book suppressed by force. Use of said force justified due to extreme danger (hey, if they can Arc their own fleet, they can Arc a chunk of an irrelevant Non-Administered World).

Remember that the Arc-en-Ciel wouldn't be fired by Graham or the conspirators; it's employed by the legitimate TSAB investigation under Lindy's command. The only real issue (presuming that Graham was exposed) would be Graham's own guilt in (a) concealing the location of the Book from the TSAB, (b) interfering with the Arthra's (including Nanoha, etc.) attempts to prevent the Book from being completed, and (c) how effective his scheme would have been without all the emotions bundled in.

(Bonus points granted to the legitimacy of the Arc firing if it was only the last stage of the plan that failed--that is, if all the beating on the defense program failed to isolate the core so that it could be teleported to a safe location. In that case, the Arthra teleports everybody aboard, destroys the defense program with the Arc, and Reinforce shuts herself down as she did at the end of A's, ending the threat of the book. Happy end, unless you happen to live in Uminari City or have friends or relatives there.)