View Single Post
Old 2012-05-27, 19:13   Link #66
MUAHAHAHAHAHA
Hail the power of Fujoshi

I am a devoted follower of Aquarion Evol up to Jin's death, whose death I mourn and also think it adds a certain depth to the show. But from there....it just goes downhill. Amata and Mikono are not bad characters, but really, they are dull, and to a certain extent, one-dimensional characters. I especially dislike how they mess up Zessica's character. It's a shame that she is never given the chance to shine. Initially, she's your typical cheerful and confident heroine. Then she falls in love with Amata and this is where her character starts to downgrade. She experiences jealousy and insecurity, and these two things would have been excellent to further develop her character. At one point, I fancied myself that she might go to the dark side but no, she sticks with the group and instead of improving, she becomes more depressed, wears the hideous dress and finally sacrifices herself for an ungrateful dude. Never have I felt such a pity for a character. I am sad that her character is trolled hard by the writer. After giving up on the main characters, I find myself rooting for secondary characters like Shrade and Andy. Instead of dedicating time to Mykage trolling about or Fudo with his donut philosophy week after week, I truly wish that the characters could be developed more. How about Donar? Crea? Suomi? Izumo? It would have been interesting to see some spark between Donar and Suomi, and Crea actually doing something rather than being Fudo's permanent loli toy.

With this episode, I am not going to bother expecting solid plot in future episodes, I am just going to stick with this for the mere reason of watching the conclusion.

Old stuff but just a reminder that butthurt report form is here to help