View Single Post
Old 2012-05-28, 12:15   Link #77
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ero-Senn1n View Post
Well i think you are underestimating the genins, Zetsu-clones are approximately genin level, they are being destroyed like dummies by stronger named ninjas. Otherwise they would be winning the war, but what we see now is that the whole 100,000 Zetsu army is gone by now, while the alliance still has 1/3 of their forces alive.
I don't know. we're not talking about any normal clones here. not only do the zetsus have that spore clone that mimics chakra, but they were also grown by tobi over a long period of time from the bijou chakra. they're not like a technique that was just used by zetsu to replicate himself like normal clones. i guess i just feel like they should be more powerful than fodder that genins can handle, naruto had to use some pretty high level techniques to kill them when he arrived on the battle field, but it seems that fodder is all they are. I agree with what you said about teamwork and that is assuredly the reason kishi wants us to think for genins still being alive.

the flip side to what you're saying is that tobi would have been beaten badly if kabuto hadn't added his ET army, which i know has been brought up in the past, but just the fact that tobi's army can't wipe out all the normal genin rank ninja just makes it seem pretty weak. the only purpose seems to have been to dwindle the numbers of the allied forces, but if not for kabuto's ET, the zetsu army would have barely killed anyone since the jounin and kage level allied ninja wouldn't be pre-occupied fighting ET super ninjas. all the zetsus would have been wiped out in minutes. it doesn't really add up for me. it just seems like tobi wasted his time and bijou chakra on them and wasn't very prepared for the war
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote