View Single Post
Old 2009-09-15, 18:42   Link #1811
justsomeguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2H-Dragon View Post
Religion or no religion. People who want to kill are going to kill if they want to. People are waging war just fine without using religion as a justification. People seem to refuse to believe not everyone has the same morals. The great majority of religious people are in no way advocating killing.

It's funny people are looking for things to blame for people dying. Religion seems to be easy thing to blame. It isn't that simple.
My argument over the term "militant" seems to have gone off on a tangent, but I'll respond to one thing here: Jerusalem. Why would conflict over the so-called "Holy Land" have gone on for so long if it wasn't religious in nature? It's a small place in the middle of the desert. Rational people would have pulled out of such a violent, bloody piece of land.

I'll also repeat an argument I've made before: If people did not believe that God condones their actions (or made them a "dominant" race), would they be so willing to kill others? I believe that while religion is not a root cause, it provides an excuse for people to act, and that they would be more hesitant if they had no such justification.
justsomeguy is offline   Reply With Quote