View Single Post
Old 2009-09-15, 19:15   Link #1812
2H-Dragon
Silent Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by justsomeguy View Post
My argument over the term "militant" seems to have gone off on a tangent, but I'll respond to one thing here: Jerusalem. Why would conflict over the so-called "Holy Land" have gone on for so long if it wasn't religious in nature? It's a small place in the middle of the desert. Rational people would have pulled out of such a violent, bloody piece of land.

I'll also repeat an argument I've made before: If people did not believe that God condones their actions (or made them a "dominant" race), would they be so willing to kill others? I believe that while religion is not a root cause, it provides an excuse for people to act, and that they would be more hesitant if they had no such justification.
You do realize if these people didn't have religion there wouldn't even rules they'd follow? Not to mention the only reason these religious people kill, because they follow certain preachers. The only reason these so called preachers can manipulate these people is because they started of in shitty position and they lack the knowledge to study their own religion properly. That religion supposedly kills isn't the fault of the religion, but of people abusing it for power. My point however these people would be manipulated anyhow even if the manipulators didn't make use of religion. Or did we all forget WWII? It's funny how people forgave Germany, but can't understand the situation other countries are in.

It's kinda sad how you look down on small land on a desert. It frightens me you can make that kind of statement. This so called holyland was their country for years till the Western countries came in and pretty much screwed it up for all and then fail to take responsibility for it.

People fail to notice in what kind of situation these people grow in and you think it's weird they'd rather follow the extremist than the peaceful way. When you got your back against the wall, it's hard to take the path of the pacifist. People who lived in peace all their lives have right to judge those who haven't.
2H-Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote