View Single Post
Old 2009-09-15, 19:32   Link #1814
justsomeguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2H-Dragon View Post
You do realize if these people didn't have religion there wouldn't even rules they'd follow? Not to mention the only reason these religious people kill, because they follow certain preachers. The only reason these so called preachers can manipulate these people is because they started of in shitty position and they lack the knowledge to study their own religion properly. That religion supposedly kills isn't the fault of the religion, but of people abusing it for power. My point however these people would be manipulated anyhow even if the manipulators didn't make use of religion. Or did we all forget WWII? It's funny how people forgave Germany, but can't understand the situation other countries are in.
If that is the case, then I challenge you to show how preachers can manipulate people without religion. I also challenge your statement that religion provides rules. All social animals, yes even humans, have innate and learned rules of social conduct, with no need for religion. Religions' rules ("Thou shalt not kill") are so disregarded that they might as well not exist. Ironically, religious rules on diet and fasting seem to be taken more seriously by more people than the restriction against killing each other.
Quote:
It's kinda sad how you look down on small land on a desert. It frightens me you can make that kind of statement. This so called holyland was their country for years till the Western countries came in and pretty much screwed it up for all and then fail to take responsibility for it.
It was actually the Palestinians' land (referring to the Arabs who lived in the region), until the Europeans conquered it during the imperialism era. Then after WW2, they gave it to the Jews and put them in charge. If not for religious differences, they would have been able to live peacefully together there. There is also of course the religious discrimination that necessitated the founding of Israel as a "Jewish homeland."

You seem to be having an emotional reaction to my statement, so I think you've either misinterpreted me or have an attachment to Israel.
Quote:
People fail to notice in what kind of situation these people grow in and you think it's weird they'd rather follow the extremist than the peaceful way. When you got your back against the wall, it's hard to take the path of the pacifist. People who lived in peace all their lives have right to judge those who haven't.
Why not? They are acting irrationally, and their behavior is learned as children from the adults around them.
justsomeguy is offline   Reply With Quote