View Single Post
Old 2011-12-08, 13:32   Link #101
Darkbeat
'אין ייאוש בעולם כלל

It depends, as you say it can be rushed and/or have less significant bits missing. We also don't know from which part of the LN's story they will be starting.

The ZnT anime wasn't as bad as all that though. At least the first two seasons had some redeeming qualities, it was the third season that took the fanservice to a new extreme, sacrificing what remained of story and character development.

I'm going to remain hopeful about this season, not because I feel it won't be rushed, it almost certainly will, but this could also have the benefit of toning down fanservice etc so as to be able to fit more in.

Even if we don't get that (and I think we will), I'd be satisfied with a happy ending for Saito/Louise and really, anyone who considers themselves a fan of this show would probably agree. There really isn't that much else to it.

EDIT: To repeat myself: People are seeing the fact there's a lot of plot to cram into 1 cour as a bad thing. I think (assuming they stick to the source material as planned) this will significantly decrease fanservice and unimportant/uninteresting episodes and could be a blessing in disguise.
Darkbeat is offline   Reply With Quote