View Single Post
Old 2009-05-28, 18:10   Link #74
iceyfw

i'm not going to go into writing a long post about my likes and dislikes for clannad. i finished watching it last night and it definitely makes it into one of my top anime lists of "must sees".

from nagisa's death to ushio's death to tomoya thinking how much it would be great for his wife to be alive to see their daughter growing up touched my heart and at times made me cry. at first, i thought it was really fucked up they made both of them die leaving tomoya with nothing. then comes episode 22 which did not connect the dots for me. it wasn't until then when i read up more on the ending that i got it. the studio did a terrific job right up until the ending which made first time viewers go "ok WTF just happened". that was a failure on their part.

overall impression of Clannad is a 9/10 just because there are rarely any animes that will make me cry with a story plot that isn't just about romance, but something much more than that.

P.S. Ushio running in the field of flowers in the end made me realize that was from the S1 OP. i never thought that would be a huge foreshadow for the storyline >.> it blew my mind away.
iceyfw is offline   Reply With Quote