View Single Post
Old 2011-12-24, 02:10   Link #65
Flawfinder
Loves the Experience

Finally watched the episode. I liked it, but I had to give the episode a 7/10. I don't think I had the same problems other people had (besides the fact that the tones between the two halves were really different), but the episode wasn't really what I was expecting for the finale of this show.

I didn't have a problem with the fact that it was just another episode when you get down to it, as I think it's fitting that a show that's about practically "nothing" would do that, and I like how it didn't try to force cheap drama. I had a problem with the fact that the other characters were barely in it, especially Sena. Besides Yozora and Kodaka, the rest of the club were just thrown in for the sake of being there. This usually isn't a problem for most of the cast, as anyone outside the main trio is pretty much comedic relief (or in the case of Yukimura, just there), but when Sena isn't prominent in the finale, that bothered me a little.

The part where Yozora and Kodaka realized they couldn't go back to before was cool though, and it was executed decently. I want to see that more in anime.

Final thoughts will come when the topic arrives. But it's safe to say I like this series and found it funny. I noticed some people saying Baka To Test was funnier and it probably was, but that won't change the fact that I hate that anime.

Quote:
Please tell me that all the suck is adaptation failure, and that the novels are better.
As for if the novels are better, there are a few chapters I wish were put in the anime (mostly because it gives Yukimura something to do and actually be funny), but they mostly involved rape, so unless an OVA appears, that isn't happening. Apart from that, there are a few funnier jokes in the novels as well, but aside from the fact that you can pace the novel however you want and those few changes exist (and the fact that it's still on-going, as this final episode was made with the first few chapters of the fourth novel), I don't know if you'd enjoy them.

My Awesome Anime Blog: Standing On My Neck