View Single Post
Old 2012-07-16, 18:27   Link #45
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Have to say this was a pretty fun episode. This arc is looking to be more pure entertainment compared to the last one.

The Quiz show was good fun and glad to see Satoshi actually getting up and contributing. I guess his planned events was enough to rouse him into action. Did a good job advertising the club and selling the mystery that Hyouka would reveal. If he can keep it up then it should go just fine. They haven't exactly made it easy to get a ton of people to buy it, but it's definitely a start.

The trading event for Houtarou continues as well. Though frankly the highlight of the event was him taking a look through Chitanda's pictures . Just couldn't help himself in checking those out. Of course did a poor job covering it up sicne he left the pictures beside the pile of stuff instead of inside it. Of course thanks to that guy stopping by to buy a copy of Hyouka he was thrown off and never remembered to put the pictures back. The reaction when Chitanda realized he'd taken a look at them was hilarious . Both of them left completely flustered. Definitely one of the best in episode examples of the potential of this pairing.

Interesting with the mystery continuing to build. Quite a few things getting taken and promised to bring back. Agree with the theory that it could be for a scavenger game. Of course taking stuff from people like that is a bit over the top. Just buy your own stuff to hide around .

New OP was pretty fun. Like the symbolism with the only ones seeing Houtarou being the club and Eru being the one to pull him out. His imagination is a great thing coming up with all that. Does show how he views the club and the people in it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Markerlight View Post
Mayaka sure has it rough it in the Manga club, everyone was just looking at her waiting for her to react and the president even exploited her argument. I wonder if it was Mayaka's idea to do reviews? As for Satoshi, I have no words, the Saturn costume, the spins... Pretty good episode, although I guess we'll get to the mystery thefts next episode?
I'm betting this situation was a compromise. The annoying priestess girl probably wanted them to all go cosplay and just advertise the club. While Mayaka probably wanted to do a more serious review of manga and hand out those reviews to people. So going along the middle they probably went with cosplay while handing out reviews.