Thread: Battlefield 3
View Single Post
Old 2012-11-24, 18:43   Link #724
Firefly00

Send a message via ICQ to Firefly00 Send a message via AIM to Firefly00 Send a message via Yahoo to Firefly00
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade334 View Post
Some of the features alluded to in the 2nd trailer are Premium-exclusive, such as the camo and dog tag assignments, but AFAIK...weapons, vehicles and other equipment are available to all who have bought the Aftermath DLC. No, it's a Premium-exclusive sneak peek, meant to make the Premium guys feel special, I'm afraid...
I repeat, it seems rather counterproductive. What's the point of trailers that show off 'here's what you get with X package' if the only people who can officially see them are those who already have that package?

Quote:
It is possible; I was actually thinking about it when typing my previous post...
And, after all, most folks would expect to be able to pick up stray crossbow bolts and throwing knives (again, with obvious exceptions like the HE bolts).

Quote:
I'm afraid there's already the M18 Claymore for that - DICE might not care for redundant weapons or features that make them too overpowered.
Actually, the Bear Trap is a lesser claymore in terms of functionality when compared to the M18, whose areas of effect are shown below:

In comparison, the Bear Trap has only the primary cone, and that a much shorter one; it lacks all the secondary cones and blast radius. Besides, you're giving up ten shells to field each of the things... those seem fair 'downsides' to what is basically an all-kit booby trap.

Quote:
Anyway, the Jackhammer never got into full production (there were only two prototypes IIRC), so aside from gun enthusiasts, few people know about the bear trap functionality and thus fewer would care about its implementation in the game.
Yes, but if you're going to the trouble to include a particular gun in your game, you might as well do it properly. Aside from it being a matter of principle, DICE always bothered to include brief backgrounds on all the weapons in the game, and such a discrepancy would be spotted quickly enough.
Firefly00 is offline   Reply With Quote