View Single Post
Old 2011-12-17, 02:55   Link #60
0utf0xZer0
Pretentious moe scholar

I think I've mentioned it before since it was one of my favourite shows of 2010, but Otome Youkai Zakuro. I think that Totoum's description of "historical setting + fantasy + romance + action that's a mix of josei and seinen" probably gets the point across pretty well. Basically, the Japanese army forms a "Ministry of Spirit Affairs" to deal with unrest among spirits resulting from the switch to using a western calendar, pairing three human soldiers with four half human, half spirit girls in the process. The lead couple (seemingly model soldier who is secretly afraid of spirits and a anti-westernization, closet romantic "classic tsundere done right") is pretty funny too.

Possible EF: A Tale of Melodies as well, since you seemed to like its predecessor, although Memories was the better of the two anime IMO.

Edit: Also, a lot of people seem to like Azumanga Diaoh regardless of whether they liked the legion of all girls 4koma adaptations that followed. I don't know if it's the slightly more surreal nature of some of the gags or what, but its a legend for a reason.

Signature courtesy of Ganbaru.
0utf0xZer0 is offline   Reply With Quote