View Single Post
Old 2013-06-09, 02:39   Link #41
winhlp32
(¬‿¬)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryonea View Post
Whoa...... I'm speechless.
Either you've been hiding your true ability or have a warp ability when learning

You draw the background wonderfully. The flowers and grasses are simple yet feels real too (so do the tree shadows). For the overall atmosphere, I think the hard and soft shades and lights are just perfect.

Very impressive work!
Thanks for the glowing praise. I always wanted to draw a "complete" drawing so here it is. Girls are still my Raison d'être though.

I think when I draw I'm just like you guys where I'll be looking at lots of reference pictures while drawing at the same time so if something doesn't look right, I'd redo it until it kind of does. In the middle of drawing, I'd google images to see how hair looks when a person lies on the ground, for example.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Assort Dis View Post
Nah, I'm not exactly faster than you since it also takes me that much amount of time for more complex poses

Anyway...

I-I don't know what to say. Your last pic is simply astounding. I think what makes this stands out from your earlier works is the background. You can easily see the amount of effort putting in here. Having the tree shadow over the ground truly adds to the atmosphere. Not to mention the flowers feel real.

Now if I see this right, there's a tinge of blue and red in the light that makes it looks like rainbow light. Definitely great work here.

And, Miku is cute
Thanks for the complement. The reason I don't usually draw background is because it takes way longer than the girl, and I being me, I'm usually happy to just finish drawing the girl. (By the way, thanks for noticing that Miku is cute)

I'm happy to note that drawing tree shadows is much easier than drawing an actual tree. And yes, I wanted to keep away from strictly white while doing the glows and the light streaks. The blue and red gives the light a "lens-flare"y look.
       /
      / \|
    /
winhlp32 is offline   Reply With Quote