View Single Post
Old 2011-08-22, 00:04   Link #8
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tetra Vaal View Post
Do people on this board ever research films before commenting on them? Why make a sequel to a shitty first film? Oh, I don't know... maybe because there are competent directors helming this one (Neveldine and Taylor), the budget is significantly lower-- so there's a possibility for an R rating (but I'm not counting on it), and there's a possibility that this could atone for the shortcomings of the first film (which I am counting on). The only thing this flick needs now is Mike Patton to do the OST.
Maybe we know a different Neveldine and Taylor, but I remember them as being involved in the awful Gamer and the extremely awful Jonah Hex adaptation? Not to mention the weak Crank/Crank 2? So, why should I be excited that directors with bad credentials are now involved in a sequel to one of the worst films of the past decade? Plus, have you even seen the writers involved? AT least one of them you hate with a deep dark passion (at least considering your many post in a certain thread on this forum)...

It certainly doesn't help that Christopher Lambert is involved with the film...Ciaran Hinds as the Devil could be fun though...

(That being said, since when is Elba an "up and coming actor"?)
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote