View Single Post
Old 2012-12-21, 15:36   Link #33
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuromitsu View Post
Oh wow, so my gender is now a basis for dismissing my opinion! (But what if I lied about it? You'll never know...) Well damn, if you present me with such a perfectly formed argument (solid as granite!) that you present in such a respectful and convincing way I simply do not find it in myself to disagree. Do not, I tell you. I must bow to your irrefutable superiority.
It's not a matter of gender, just that in this case, the most fierce opponents of the manga take on the source material have one common attribute... probably more, but this is the one you mentioned a couple of times.

Despite gender influencing viewpoints, I am sure that certain girls would agree that the manga does a better job than the anime, and vice versa.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuromitsu View Post
(So hey, since apparently you've already immersed yourself in the source material... if you would be so kind as to present some quotes or something? But only if you want to, just to help me realize how deluded I am.)
I have already for the expert you posted last month... but I doubt that line by line to frame by frame and panel to panel comparison has anything to offer (to anyone). I have mentioned several times what I do and not like in both the anime and the manga conceptually and why. While I agree to a certain extent with a lot of the negatives you have pointed out in the manga, I am not so easy to dismiss it as trash, since they don't really bother me that much. That is not the case with the anime, where storytelling is handled very badly, and I don't see the point in recycling all those arguments again.
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote