View Single Post
Old 2009-09-04, 00:24   Link #88
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid Ying View Post
Saw the mazui one, though i can't recommend to see this version. Wait for a new one.

The only thing i can say about this episode is that i never saw Kyon being such an asshole. What's the deal with him? Such a big deal about little things. Haruhi was a brat and stuff, but trying to physically assault her is crazy...

Overall, it was a helluva nice episode, but i don't know, i like Koizumi, but when he starts to explain things i get bored all of sudden...
The popular belief in parenting is that if you are going to punish your kids, make sure you tell them why exactly they are being punished. Haruhi, for all intent and purpose, is a child. Kyon's action, in this case, is appropriate considering he can recognize why Koizumi, Yuki, and Mikuru-chan (in her infinite cutesy way) have to tolerate Haruhi's abundant energy and go with her shinanigans. Kyon recognizes that they simply fear the implication that there are too much for them to lose.

I agree that he was going overboard, but something was needed to be done. I couldn't also help but notice how Koizumi did not interject when Kyon was pretty much shouting at her. Kyon did the job. He did not let her slide, but did not crush her enthusiasm altogether either. He made sure of that. We know it worked when the cherry blossoms were in full bloom.

Kyon was starting to become boring, but the episode has restored some of his charm that was found in the previous season. This was a good episode.