View Single Post
Old 2011-10-22, 02:03   Link #46
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirarakim View Post
I took out the second two because I am not sure about them

I don't find these 3 relationships cliche at all. Predictable maybe...but they are only predictable because they have been set up & developed nicely.

Now I am not saying all these relationships will turn out but I am certainly hoping they will (and in the order they are listed actually). Not everything has to be a twist for the sake of a twist.
Well it's hard to define "cliche", but the first one has the element of "fated lovers" who met random at the street, and then meet again when the protagonist start on his quest, who then stuck together toward the same goal. Himari x Mario are almost mirror version of each other over the Penguin Drum. While "the object of one-side-crush(Kanba), decided to return the love after his own love (toward Himari) is crushed", also is cliche isn't it?

We saw Ringo x Sho's shipping miles away before ep 13, didn't we? And nothing should indicate this relationship before that point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
I don't think RingoxShouma is shipping. I mean, their bond is an integral part of the plot, and as of now it's the only relationship that have a positive effect on both the plot and the characterization. I mean, their bond is what helped Ringo to become normal, and it probably will be the main factor helping Shouma get over his issues too.

Are they going to get together at the end? I don't know, but I think there's chance they will. You know, I think they're a bit like Anthy and Utena from the movie (not the tv series) and they did get together at the end.
The problem here is we still do not see the story from Shouma 's POV yet. He always worry too much on getting back to one's good side (as Himari mentioned about every time he had argument with Kanba), especially after all that guilts piled up. But he shows no interest to Ringo yet. And we only have 9-11 episodes left

On Utena x Anthy comparison. Without the TV to strongly imply. Their relationship was no more than friend until the very ending