View Single Post
Old 2012-02-01, 16:44   Link #27530
AuraTwilight
The True Culprit

Send a message via AIM to AuraTwilight Send a message via MSN to AuraTwilight
Quote:
It's still the same game board, which was created by Beatrice. If Red Truths can be discarded so easily, is there anything that's certain in the realm of the game board? Furthermore,
It's technically not. EP4 and EP2, for instance, are two separate Gameboards with different truths and piece arrangements and outcomes.

And you're seriously missing the point. Beatrice can't see the future, and she can't dictate or control how other people are going to play with the Pieces. She can't. That Red only talks about things up until that point, and the Truth of Beatrice's intended scenario. She didn't say it was somehow literally impossible for someone to write about a "Living Kinzo" in like Game7.

Quote:
The red truth is absolute!! A perfect truth, which no one can overturn no matter how hard they try!!

This is the only instance where a Red Truth that affects "all games" needs to be overturned to account for something in a future game. Why would we go out of our way to destroy a constant premise just to justify this one instance? There has to be another way to justify this.
The Truth of the Future overturns the Truth of the Past.

So no matter what Red Truth you make, future circumstances can change it. If I say I have one apple, and always have had one apple, the same is true for all days, and then someone gives me an apple tomorrow, then I have Two apples.

Quote:
Why be Shannon or Kanon or Beatrice in the first place? Why not just be Yasuda? Or if Shannon is her "blessed name" as a servant, then why not just be Shannon? Why is Kanon necessary? That's the thing. This is Yasuda we're talking about.
We're given reasons and motives for all those personas, as flimsy as we might find them.

Quote:
There's also the fact that she's practically living the life that Yasuda wanted to live even though she's just a random character introduced in the last half of the very last episode, with little in the way of actual character development, even though she takes on a very important role in the plot.
Oh really? Prove it. Most people speculate that she's been living part-time as Ikuko for a few years, and what's the incentive? Toya only shows up in her life after the Rokkenjima Incident.

Quote:
That implies that you really don't care at all about the medical care and kidnapping issue, which you seemed quite concerned about. After all, you seem to be saying that Ikuko is only a terrible person if she's actually Yasuda.
I'm SAYING that there's different degrees. One person doing the same thing can be negligent, the other can be outright evil.

Quote:
According to the "Murder Mystery Game" theory, she couldn't have known that her actions would lead to this. Therefore, it's not her fault, even if she says it is.
The culprit would have never taken action if she didn't give the Twilight 'Murders' as the perfect cover for the crime. It's her fault, regardless of her intentions. You don't stop being at fault in car accidents just because you didn't intend to rear-end a guy.

Quote:
A Red Truth cannot be overturned by anything, let alone a Gold Truth.
The Gold Truth is, by the definition given by Lambda, sometimes superior to the Red Truth. The entire following argument is invalidated.

Quote:
Because Our Confession strongly implied that Meta-Beatrice was another one of her avatars, and we know Meta-Beatrice's personality and heart intimately.
WOAH WOAH WOAH BACK DA FUCK UP

How are you reasoning that out? I want the full text you're referring to as long as a scanned page included if possible.