View Single Post
Old 2013-06-27, 18:49   Link #5141
questmas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flere821 View Post
Uh, yes I can. There have been zero mentions of Miyuki in the LNs being able to pull off those feats, and multiple mentions what Tatsuya can do is unique to him. Do you have anything from the LNs to show Miyuki can pull off Flash Cast, for example?
No idea whether miyuki can pull off flash cast but I think Maya can.

If you look at her fight with tatsuya, "night" was invoked instantly(I guess you can argue that she drew her CAD really quickly, but I think Tatsuya would notice).

Unlike Miyuki's Cocytus, "night" doesnt feel like an innate magic. From what I remember, innate magics seem to have easily described effects with complicated mechanisms to create the effect."Night's" mechanics were explained (albeit the explanation was confusing) so it feels like "night" wasnt something that Maya was born with but was something that she designed. Since it wasn't an innate magic, to cast it without a CAD, she must have used flashcast.

If you take into consideration that Maya can flashcast, it isnt unlikely that there are other members of the Yotsuba that can flashcast.

Anyway.... What did you guys think why you realized Miyuki's Cocytus is a direct counter to Tatsuya's Regrowth?