Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
Nope, unhappy people.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goggen View Post
If so, it's their own damn fault.
Why?

PVs (or trailers) should be designed to reach the widest audience possible. That's the whole point of a PV - To reach potential audiences for a show, and sell as many people as possible on your show. If PVs are only reaching people who carefully read through the seasonal preview charts then the PVs are not really doing their job, imo.

Put another way, if a PV is only truly understandable if the viewer already knows the background info on a show then that's a weakness within the PV itself and you shouldn't blame audiences for getting the wrong idea from it. When I watch a movie trailer I expect it to give me a good idea of what the movie is really about, and that's a perfectly reasonable expectation. Many people hold the same reasonable expectation when it comes to anime PVs.

This is why I had misgivings about the more action-y PV - To its credit, it did apparently reach audiences beyond those that read through the seasonal preview charts. That's a good thing. What's not a good thing, though, is giving those people a false impression about the show. Quite understandably, many people who watched the first PV thought that this show would be more like Shana or Raildex - i.e. have lots of flashy, superpowered action in it. Not everybody who's into shows like Shana and Raildex are also into generic romcoms, so it shouldn't surprise anybody that some people were left disappointed by this 2nd PV.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shergal View Post
People shouldn't be so fast to judge works by their premise, that is always the least important thing there is.
I disagree.

If you look at the most popular and well-received anime shows of recent years - Madoka Magica, Steins;Gate, Fate/Zero, Sword Art Online - They tend to have great premises.

Premises are underrated in the modern anime fandom, if anything.

Last edited by Triple_R; 2012-09-13 at 14:49.
Triple_R is offline   Reply With Quote