View Single Post
Old 2008-11-10, 17:35   Link #27
Mumitroll
Banned

Quote:
And, unlike some other posters, I have no doubt the Israelis are perfectly capable of taking matters into their own hands without consulting with Washington. The 1982 attack on Iraq's reactor does not appear to have been decided in concert with the United States; in fact, one observer credits growing divisions between Israel and the Reagan administration with encouraging Israel to go it alone. It appears that Israel recently mooted the question of attacking Iranian nuclear facilities; the Bush administration refused to support such a move.
there is a major difference between 1) attacking a single target with conventional guided missiles, 2) launching a war, and 3) using nuclear weapons. while 1) has indeed probably been done by Israel without full consent of the US, 2) has not, most definitely. and 3) is unthinkable without US approval.

Quote:
I just find IAEA 's power other than what I just mentioned stricly non
existent.
that is correct. the IAEA does not have any real executive power to enforce anything on anyone. it is merely a supervisory agency.

Quote:
2003 clearly discredited both UN and IAEA. El Baradei, Kofi Annan, they were labeled as vital man who were influential, look at what happenned in Iraq and Rwanda. This was a tragedy.
i dont think 2003 discredited either. rather, i think the US - or more precisely the Bush administration - discredited itself in trampling over both the IAEA and the UN. if you are not brainwashed by Western media (or know how to tell propaganda from facts), the picture is really quite clear. the US has overstepped whatever international law there is repeatedly and clearly - already 1999 was a blatant example, and 2003 was yet another - and it ignored whatever the IAEA has said, with open lies as the Cheney one you've cited - even although the IAEA statements proved perfectly correct after extensive subsequent examination.

all that says is that the US does not want a world that is international and run with mutual consent of the leading nations. the US wants a US-controlled world, to the utmost extent possible. the whole rest of the US foreign policy easily follows from this.
Mumitroll is offline   Reply With Quote