simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Tasogare Otome x Amnesia [Manga]

Alt name:
Dusk Maiden of Amnesia
Author/Artist: Maybe
Genre: Ecchi, Mystery, Romance, School Life, Supernatural

Synopsis:

A young woman, by some strange occurrence, was left to die alone in the former building of the Academy for Sincere Teachings. Mysteriously, there is one person who can see her in ghost form: Niiya Teiichi, a freshman. Now they both seek to find out the reasoning behind her death, and what could have caused it.

I came across this after reading Kiben Gakuha, Yotsuya Senpai, and I have to say, I LOVE it! Basically about a boy who can see this girl ghost, and decides to try and help her solve the mystery of her death by solving other paranormal occurrences in the school. I absolutely LOVE the main female char, Yuuko(who is the ghost); she's really cute and playful, a bit of a seductress, yet balances that with her serious side when need be. She VERY much reminds me of Hitagi (Bakemo), but not as... "stoic" in her expressions. Niiya, is great as the male protagonist(though not much diff from a standard one), and I LOVE the way that he looks when he gets serious; it's very epic-looking somehow. It's a minor thing, but I like that the mangaka sometimes has him with glasses on, and sometimes off, at random times, which for some reason makes him more visually appealing. The art is fairly nice, and gets more detailed during the serious parts. The main story, which is Yuuko's identity, blends in quite well with its "mystery of the week" format, so the story is always moving forward.

Spoiler for up to ch 6:

Even if mysteries aren't your thing, reading this just for Yuuko herself could pretty much satisfy anyone(imo >.>).
frubam is offline   Reply With Quote