Thread: Licensed Eureka Seven: Astral Ocean
View Single Post
Old 2012-05-06, 20:35   Link #852
SQA

Quote:
Originally Posted by viperdk1 View Post
That's not to say I don't like this anime so far. I am certainly enjoying Astral Ocean - it definitely feels like Eureka Seven, but the confusion I have regarding how it fits in with the Eureka Seven canon is frustrating.
If you've been mainlining the TV series, the important sequel hooks are in episodes 37, 47 and 50. (The "New Order" episode is apparently from some live-event a few years ago and actually isn't important nor relevant, per some sources. It's really confusing what's going on with that) Then, the production staff say it's a sequel. So, this is post-ep-50 Scub Coral. They've achieved Enlightenment, which is why they're acting different.

AO's world is likely the one the Scub Coral saw 3k years before the TV series when the Great Wall was created. You can even read the title "Astral Ocean" as hinting at this point. The Scub Coral said 1/2 of them were going there, through Gonzy in episode 50. That's the most straight-forward and direct sequel hook we have.

That could still be wrong, but, if it is, they've gone somewhere really contrived to make a world with roughly current Earth culture.
SQA is offline   Reply With Quote