View Single Post
Old 2006-12-01, 16:03   Link #25
Zaris
of Porsche

Send a message via AIM to Zaris Send a message via MSN to Zaris Send a message via Yahoo to Zaris
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
as a side note, do you mean the "oedipe complex" for your psychology term?
Yeah, that's what houkoholic was going for. But Oedipus Complex is a psychological concept for boys wanting the exclusive love of their mothers. The condition for girls wanting it of their fathers is the Electra Complex.

Quote:
Originally Posted by houkoholic
Spoiler for response to my earlier gripe:
Yeah, I can clearly visualize where you're going with these ideas. My arguements were based on taking the words of the characters as serious and literal. I have no qualms with Yuuichi or Nayuki or any other episode. I like how he's changing from the jokester to revealing a more serious and concerning face. The frustrating part is how such a strong connection between the two could have happened. If we're ment to take those circumstances as strong and literal, I thus took the proposal scene literal as well. = |

Spoiler for the circumstances between Yuuichi and Makoto:

What interests me most is how people change over the course of a movie or a TV show. What kind of things can stir a person into doing something they never considered or would never do? These are the things many people watch for because change is evolution, to become better (or worse) than you were before. But I continue to look as Makoto as stagnant in the sense that she was destructive and unaware of her actions in the beginning, and she has become destructive (sort of) and unaware of her actions in the end. She was a burden then (pranks, wasting food, etc.) and she's a burden still.

Part of my frustration also stems from the fact that my hopes weren't entirely satisfied. It would've been nice to have had more scenes in between episode 8 and what resulted in episode 9. Maybe a date. I wanted to hear from Makoto what she felt about him. I wanted to hear it from her that she had changed or has become better than who she was before.

And now it's all too late...or so it seems.