View Single Post
Old 2008-10-24, 10:37   Link #62
Nukerjsr
Baka Inu~

Send a message via AIM to Nukerjsr
I'd give this episode an eight out of ten. I really enjoyed it for the most part from the last episode.

What I like about Taiga compared to other tsunderes is that she doesn't deny her infatuation with Kitamura. She can't tell it directly to his face for obvious reasons, but she doesn't seem upset over the fact that Ryuuji knows. And every scene she was in confirmed that.

I did get some good laughs out of this episode too, like when Kitamura grabbed Taiga during the assembly. Just classic how she was making that face and gushing about it later. It's kind of nice to see her in that form, but ugh...she just turns to tsun a bit too quickly.

The opening proved to me that she can resist the temptation to hit Ryuuji (Which, that was a legitimate case for violence looking through her personal things) yet in the ending scene, she tries to kick his head off after she goes defenseless. What the hell?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
well... the series is not about fine average people.. .its about a group of really really flawed people they're all dysfunctional basketcases in some way.

I guess the question is can they muddle along anyway somehow.
I was wondering if someone else was noticing this. Thank you.

I feel like Ryuuji is partially messed up because he has this obsession to care and cleanliness. Logically, he felt more of the need to help Taiga because he couldn't stand her living conditions. It was depressing for him. And his obsession was confiirmed when we saw him cleaning a public bathroom, so it just doesn't follow. If the pairing of Ryuuji/Taiga is imminent, then it still feels odd considering both of the people feel so weird.

Taiga...I'm starting to wonder if tsundere is becoming like, a soft term for bipolar. Now, I know, that isn't right for all tsunderes. But Taiga seems like a special case here considering how often and dramatically she changes. Not to mention over the littlest things. Like, when Ryuuji offered to laminate the photos, it feels like not much was said but Taiga still got upset enough to leave her house. Then we have the scene at the end where after she confessed these things, she immediately tries to kick Ryuuji and yells at him for knowing. Minorin, as we know, is just plain out there. I'm curious to see how Ami will be though in the next episode.

This series is just so strange when you look at it. I feel like it's the yandere of this season. It looks nice and interesting, but you have that fear you are going to get stabbed. It makes me fear how the authors will deal with it because it doesn't feel like any of the characters want to change despite these large flaws. Feels so conflicting, but I might have been thinking too much on the subject.