View Single Post
Old 2006-09-29, 10:32   Link #110
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido
Was Chise already a weapon prior to the beginning of the story, though her weapon core remaining dormant for a period of inactivity until her physical body reached a reasonable growth?

And how come Chise unexpectedly was chosen among all girls in town to become said weapon? coincidence, perhaps?
i would say you answered yourself somehow ^^
there are some clues that chise wasn't the weapon prior the story. (you said most of them)
since the "technology" used on her was so advanced, it shouldn't be "that" difficult to expect it to be applied in only one night, adding the fact it's a growing weapon, which should be kinda "small" at the beginning.

by the way, i will answer at starcreator : the real issue is in the manga, we have absolutely no explanation about how/why/when did chise become the ultimate weapon. but we can certainly say that chise was pure human as the story begins.
i have just re-read the first volume, and she said clearly at the saporo raid "sorry, my body is now like this", she didn't say she was like that or such, this is also the very first attack in shuji and chise area (which proves somewhat it was recent, since chise was only able to defend at her beginning, before being able to move to other area/cities)

and finally, i really don't think that chise would be able to confess to shuji if she was already like this, since her shyness is so deep that she couldn't be able to bear the possibility of being spotted by shuji under her ultimate weapon form.

and about the choice, there isn't really any answer (the manga mentions nothing about)
i guess takahashi didn't bothered to mention about this fact, since the story was only about the 2 lovers (it also explains why he didn't mention the causes of the earth disasters and wars)
we know only the common quote from uwahara : "we didn't have the choice, it wasn't anyone's fault, nor hers, nor yours or ours"
Klashikari is offline   Reply With Quote