View Single Post
Old 2010-10-15, 17:37   Link #56
Mairsile
Athletic girls are sugoi!

Drawing comparisons between the park and haunted house segments, I think we can assume the writers initially may have wanted to utilize the former scenario, but since Halloween is approaching, created and went with the latter to carry a few of the manga's points.

The park scene addressed a few important things. First, Junichi protected Ai from the dog, which could be compared to him responding to the mummy when it frightened her. Ai's vulnerability here could be compared to her being scared of the dog. Lastly, Ai clinging to Junichi afterwards was reminiscent to how her little brother clings to her. She then understood that spoiling Ikuo was a way to get closer to him. This obviously was covered during the toy belt segment.

I'm not that disappointed when comparing the manga with the anime arc thus far since I always expect differences. Essentially, we get a different Ai and Junichi. In the manga, Ai is more assertive but also more vulnerable due to her concern about being selected for the upcoming tournament. Junichi on the other hand is more of a smooth lover and less of a spastic personality.

For those who prefer a more mature and intense love story, then Love Goes On is a brilliant read. On the other hand, others may enjoy the dual personality of Junichi from the anime. Its two mediums to satisfy different audiences.