View Single Post
Old 2003-11-28, 23:30   Link #117
BluWacky
尻の竜

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosWing
And I'm not saying advanced effects are bad. I've used them myself. It's just that a groups see something some other group did and suddenly everyone is like "Oo! Let's do something flashier than they did!" and are forgetting the purpose of fansubbing...

I don't mind the competition in releasing faster or getting more leechers to download your release...but when it starts getting into the "who can create more flash in their karaoke", that's where I draw the line.
My sentiments exactly. To be honest, I just want to see what the words are so I can sing along - I don't care whether the words fly across the screen and explode in a shower of fireworks or whatever ^_^ Sometimes even the most basic of effects can be too much - for example, some of the groups subbing Peace Maker Kurogane and Saiyuki Reload have got words flying across the screen when they're being rapped incredibly quickly, so it's pointless subbing them at all since they just flash past in a blur of after effects so you can't read them!

Also, the A-Keep karaoke for Chrno Crusade makes the OP play crappily on my computer compared to the raw, so I like things to be simpler. Nice logo, though ^_^

(and to bring this on topic - I love the manga, I like the anime, Tomoko Kawakami rocks, Ishida Akira will seem better when we get further into the series, I crave the "Tsubasa wa Pleasure Line" single like oxygen, and if Gonzo put lots of fanservice and too much Rosette-blowing-stuff-up in I will be most annoyed)
BluWacky is offline   Reply With Quote