Thread: Licensed Elfen Lied
View Single Post
Old 2004-11-15, 02:23   Link #971
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Quote:
Anyway, I have a theory about why the Diclonius don't seem to ever attack Kurama. Perhaps it is because he's the only character in the entire anime that's actually killed a Diclonius? They said in one of the episodes that he had killed something like 14 so far, and I'm pretty sure that was one of the flashback episodes, so it's likely he's been the one killing most of the unnecessary Diclonius babies in the facility since.

Now, considering the Diclonius only seem to kill humans and have no instinctual drive to gratuitously kill anything else, maybe there's some connection, some further unstated rules of their species about killing. Maybe they can 'sense' that Kurama's killed them in the past, and maybe this frightens them away from messing with him. Remember the first episode, when Lucy slaughtered everyone but Kurama, and just walked past him? Remember that we could actually see that one of her vectors left a red, bloody print of its 'hand' on his back? I wonder if that was Lucy patting him on the back out of respect?
Actaully it's more like :-

"I'm leaving you alive just this time.Better watch your back now cause I'll come back for you."
MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote