Thread: Diablo III
View Single Post
Old 2011-08-29, 00:15   Link #859
TheForsaken
Winter is coming

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOIR001 View Post
I have to agree with synaesthetic that Diablo1 is far superior to Diablo2 and it's not simply because of the saving issue. Gold in D2 is virtually worthless, you can get far better stuffs by killing the end boss in each act a few times than you can buy with 2 millions gold. You can use the gold to gamble but killing the main boss a dozen times net you far better stuffs than you gamble 100 times. D2 drops more magic items than D1 but they limit your inventory so you spend more times deciding what to keep than go fight monsters. Why can they give us a rune bag to keep all the runes and a gem chest to keep the gems. How in the world could 6 diamonds take the space of a plate armor I ask you that? All this means that instead of spending time adventuring and fighting, you sitting there worrying about stats. Unfortunately, no matter how much you grind whatever stats you gain will not make you godly unless you play at Hell level. But then at Hell level the bosses are godly themselves so things even out to just the same. Which means that all the time you spend searching for that particular runes or gems not so significant after all. All the new ideas in D2 such as runes, gems and set items are there to encourage you to grind and grind making you feel the game is longer, tougher and has more things for you to do instead of giving you more stories, more worlds to explore. Not to say that the atmosphere in D1 is far superior to D2. So if D3 is anything like D2 I'm not gonna be bother with it at all.
Well, Diablo is not about enjoying stories and exploring worlds, it's about looting and upgrading your gears.
It's the matter of genres.
If you don't like this genre you can play the classic RPGs instead.