View Single Post
Old 2007-12-21, 11:54   Link #135
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post
The light side THINKS he's the real personality when he's really the gate to keep his true-self at bay...I'm saying all the little things Haleh tells Alleh is more or less a dillusion (Unless you truley beileve the 2 are 2 equal people housing the same body--which I don't)...If I was trapped out of my body by a psycotic-break I'd say anything to be released...Alleh may very well win the battle for the body, but that doesn't mean he's the true personality, just the result of the fractured personality...
Still, it doesn't sound like Hal was displeased about Al's existence. He had never threatened to get rid of Al or anything like that, so it doesn't sound like taking over the body full-time was his goal. Instead, Hal appear to be angry for being "used", in that Al summons him whenever an immoral task needed to be done.

What Hal wanted isn't for Al to turn evil; he wanted Al to stop acting like he is some sort of saint. Hal is supposedly the hitman Al sends out to keep Al's own hands clean, and we all know both the hitman and the person who hired him are to be considered murderers.

EDIT: Just watched the subs again. Hal made it pretty clear he is annoyed at Al's behavior. When Al refused to fire, Hal asked why he decided to start the mission to begin with if he wasn't going to follow though. And when Al claimed he did it because he is a Gundam Miester, Hal asked if being a Gundam Meister makes it okay to kill people. Hal kill because he want to, and make no excuses. While Al push responsibilities to either his job description or Hal.
Essentially, Hal can see that Al made half-baked decisions like Joining CB and decided to attack the research facility. But It was always Hal who ended up having to finish the job Al started. Hal just want Al be more honest with his own dark side.

Hal might be the bad half, but that doesn't automatically make Al the good half.

Last edited by Vallen Chaos Valiant; 2007-12-21 at 12:29.
Vallen Chaos Valiant is offline   Reply With Quote