View Single Post
Old 2009-01-30, 22:59   Link #1
Mystique
Honyaku no Hime
*Fansubber

Location: In the eastern capital of the islands of the rising suns...
Post Cowboy Bebop Live Action projects

I wasn't sure if I should make a thread rather called:

'Western/Japanese animation adapted to live action movie list'
Or something, I see tons and tons of movie threads in here that get very little limelight, seems more efficient to bundle movie related things in sub genres almost.
Nonetheless, i figure like DBZ, this'll get a few old school otaku out of their retirement homes and back into ranting and raving, depending on how 20C Fox play this.

For now, I've a bad feeling tho...

Quote:
Cowboy Bebop
Starring: Keanu Reeves

Release Date: 2010
Studio: 20th Century Fox

Synopsis: Set in a time where "astral gates" make interstellar travel possible. Humanity, decimated by a lunar explosion resulting from a gate accident, spread out across the solar system, as did crime, which gave rise to the use of bounty hunters.
Keanu as aloof, laid back Spike Spiegel?
Time will tell, i suppose....

On a mini side note of other old school animation being adapted or remade...
Quote:
Kung Fu Panda director John Stevenson is to direct Masters of the Universe, a live-action version of the hit 1980s cartoon He-Man, according to reports.
Action film producer Joel Silver will work on the film with Warner Brothers and toy company Mattel, Variety said.

A Transformers sequel is due for release this summer and GI Joe and Hot Wheels films are also to hit cinemas.
And with Akira on the way too (by warner bros tho)
All we need is what... Eva as an 'old anime classic' and then I think we got the lot. xD

Worrying is like a rocking chair. It gives you something to do, but it doesn't get you anywhere. - Van Wilder
"If you ain't laughin', you ain't livin'." - Carlos Mencia

Last edited by Mystique; 2009-01-30 at 23:25.
Mystique is offline   Reply With Quote