View Single Post
Old 2010-05-07, 13:00   Link #1034
Heatth

Send a message via MSN to Heatth
Quote:
Originally Posted by baltakatei View Post
I believe the movie editing was explained by one of the video game plots. I can't remember which it was, but I do know that one game (I think it was the one preceding Tomadoi) deals with alternate timelines surrounding the Culture Festival. All sorts of craziness can be caused there (Kyon dying, Haruhi meeting her younger self, Kimidori replacing Nagato, etc.) since its a visual novel with lots of bad endings. Since no english translation of the game has been made widely available, I think most of us, myself included, are quite ignorant of what else is going on in the Haruhi universe.
Since when any of these video-games are canon? Have Tanigawa been involved with then in any aspect?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe4evr View Post
A fan-translation patch, not exactly a sub. Also, I don't think it's novel canon, but it's anime canon to a certain extent, since I saw that Haruhi wants Mikuru to sing the opening for the movie they shot for the Culture Festival near the start of the story. (Too many commas.)
There is a fan-translation patch? Really? Where can I find it, do you know? And having Haruhi asking Mikuru to sing the OP is more like a small reference then an evidence. Personally, I would only take it as canon if I see a reference, even if small, in either the novel (for being 'novel-canon') or in the anime (for being 'anime-canon').

Actually, the anime canon is kinda messed up now isn't it? In Disappearance movie Haruhi mentioned she had been drunk before, but no such thing happened in the anime.

Last edited by Heatth; 2010-05-07 at 16:49.