View Single Post
Old 2007-08-09, 09:05   Link #29
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
Yup, there's nothing wrong with Sekai. For me betrayal has a different meaning, and this isn't it. You help a friend get together without someone and you eventually end up liking him; nothing can help that. I'd say what Makoto did is more betrayal than Sekai.

In reality, friendship and love doesn't mix. I'm not saying that it doesn't happen, but from my experience when people break up, they don't become friends but just don't really talk to each other. When two people like the same person, (in contrary to anime,) they don't become friends and they compete. This is what I've seen. In my opinion if Sekai doesn't go for Makoto with her all, then she's lying to herself. If you have to break up a friendship to do what you want, then so be it.

However that's not what she's doing really. She tried to tell Kotonoha about them, but she never ended up doing so. I'll give her props for her logical thinking, but I'll also admit that she has some faults, although for me it's really insignificant. Also, I'm not saying what she does is right. I'm saying she had two choices that should be made separately, to not go after Makoto at all or go after Makoto with her all. She did the first part up until recently, but failed to completely do the second part.

I'll say that the current drama is good due to the fact that Sekai did linger between the two choices. That's entirely what episode 6 is about. If we like the drama and therefore like the anime, then can we really complain about the characters? If everyone acts like they're supposed to do, then there would be no drama.