Thread: Dating
View Single Post
Old 2009-10-15, 01:52   Link #1894
Throne Invader
Protecting the Throne

Quote:
Originally Posted by stubby42 View Post
It kind of got lost in the pages a little bit but I got a reply from the girl it wasnt what I wanted but I'm happy with it, she said it was great meeting me again, that she wants to be friends but she's not looking for a relationship right now and said that anyone else asking would get the same answer (she also gave me her phone number).

From what she told me whilst we were on the night out shes been going through alot of bad stuff (some of the things shes had to deal with I wish on no one) so it makes sense.

I know it wasnt what I was going for but i'm actually really happy, I stepped up to the plate and took a swing at bat, normally I'm sitting in the dugout waiting for something to happen.

Anyway I'm sort of back to being confused cause in her message she gave me her phone number and said she'd add me on facebook, I sent a text message back but she hasnt replied or added me as a friend.

What I said:

Hey ..... its phil, sorry only just got your message was on a late shift at work, no worries id really like to get to know you as a friend, I had an awesome time hanging out with you guys so il probably be up again soon Phil

I checked the number and its right so...

Did I come on too strong?
Should I of just sent a facebook message back?
Is it ok to send another message, this time on facebook? (it has been about a day)

I know I shouldnt be thinking about this at all but I'm coming up again at the start of november and they all hang around in a big group I dont want it to be wierd.

I also dont want to make the same mistakes with other girls (If I made any).

Thank you
That's a pretty good girl you have there stubby42. At least she still decided to be friends with you and keep in contact despite the confession of your feelings to her. She even offered to add you on facebook. Some girls would just stir up conclusions and avoid contact.

It definitely isn't over yet stubby I'd say you still have chances of winning her heart. But she's probably the kind of girl that you have to spend time with. You have to nurture your relationship with her. You have to be patient and take things one step at a time. So you confessed already and she kinda turned you down. Is all hope lost? No

As for the texting thing I'd say she was just really really busy. Numerous circumstances can just pop up and make someone so busy they can't even sip a cup of coffee for 1 minute You also mentioned she had problems. Your text message was fine stubby. Nothing wrong with it. It didn't come on too strong at all

I don't really know her real personality but generally speaking, this kind of girl, in my opinion is someone worth going for. She probably has a good grasp on her priorities. My advice is just to to continue talking with her and nurturing your relationship. You seem like a pretty nice guy anyways stubby. Be careful not to do anything overboard too though. You don't wanna annoy her. Good luck!! and keep us updated in case you recognize any changes

It's time to start letting her make her own decisions. - Mom's dermatologist~
Throne Invader is offline   Reply With Quote