View Single Post
Old 2012-02-18, 06:05   Link #468
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Its not about being the first, its about being the youngest. The article said that he was directly inspired by David Hahn through the book Radioactive Boy Scout.

The most important difference between the two of them is that he was given all the right support while Hahn didn't.

Its very important to let children learn what they want to, support them the right way. Michio Kaku said that all children are born scientists, everyone of us were born curious and seek knowledge. But the education system(in the USA) is killing all the curiosity of the children, memorising things and forcing upon students with stress and exams is not the way to truly educate people.

Michio Kaku said the worst moment of his life was when his own daughter asked him why would anyone ever want to be a scientist, after her geography paper. The exam required geography students to memorise all sorts of rocks and minerals flatly, and completely missed the point of actual geography, to study the tectonic plate movements and formations of rock. Question and finding answers is science, but not memorising things and writing down in exams.

Education systems need to cater more to what the children is interested instead of forcing them down paths incorrectly. Lots of child prodigies out there, be it science, maths or arts were successful because they had great support for their interests.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote