View Single Post
Old 2012-04-11, 02:27   Link #316
Flere821
Lurker

Didn't realise we have a SAO LN discussion thread here at AnimeSuki lol...

I'm not good with English names having read the entire series in Chinese, so bear with me as I give my two cents:

SAO, like Accel World, is both pretty good. Epic fight scenes, and the short term drama/romance development is very, very good. The author can't seem to write plots without introducing new potential love interests in however, and can't seem to (or unwilling to) develop a relationship past "will they or won't they".

I've read all the novels out so far, the ones translated by Chinese translators anyway. The new development of Kirito and Johnny Black however... I'm not happy at how the volume just cuts off without showing what happened to Kirito after that last scene in Real Life before cutting into Underworld scenes.

Oh yeah, that spinoff with the harem ending was great I personally don't take it as SAO canon, as it stated that RPG can accelerate the thought process 1000x and gave them all 5 years to live together. It feels to me just cheapens the Accel World plotline, set 20 years or so before that one but still gaining the 'cutting edge' tech of the future. The crossover chapter between SAO and Accel World in AW.Vol10 to me felt like Haru-bashing too, with Kirito dominating. The author should just keep the two series apart...

Quote:
Originally Posted by hayate-sama View Post
Ok stop these ntr here ok, go read accelworld, it is full of vanilla their and no NTR to clear your mind a little bit.
>.< Dude, you just reminded me about
Spoiler for Accel World ntr:

Bottom line, there's sort of ntr in both series, and let's just drop the matter completely ok?
Flere821 is offline   Reply With Quote