Old 2006-01-24, 04:45   Link #260
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclipze
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diedrupo
I can't stand this work, I don't consider it a true yuri manga. As effeminate as the main character was when he was a boy, he is still really a boy even after having his sex changed. This is just a common japanese fanboy fantasy since they can't stand the idea of an actual lesbian romance.
I dont think mods nor people in that category would like reading that comment.

I personally dont like Ebichu, but I dont make the effort to go to the Ebichu thread, and state how its a show with lousy animation and excessive sexual content, do I?

Nor do I add any statement to insult the fans of the show.
It's a fair cop.

Again and again in anime you'll see that either the lesbian romance is either sidelined, thwarted or isn't really a lesbian romance. I only know of a single example in my entire experience where two girls ended up together. It is a spoiler, since you don't know how that anime will end up, but if you really want to know:

Spoiler for a show where surprisingly the two female characters ended up together:

Kashimashi is one more example of not being an actual lesbian relationship, since one of the girls is actually a boy inside. This way they can have their cake and eat it too.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote