View Single Post
Old 2012-09-20, 10:45   Link #384
sudolicious
Otoshi-gami in training

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lenaisian View Post
Whoa, whoa, whoa... how in the hell could they (other viewers) hate Medaka Box?

Yea... granted that it somewhat feels like "random" to me, but the anime is cool in many ways. I also like this (even though I forcefully bought a pirated DVD of it).
I don't read manga and was going in with no expectations at all into the show... the first 2 eps were kind of ok, but with the introduction of yet another boring male character they completely ruined the show for me. Medaka on her own wasn't such a great character to begin with, the other side girl was quite annoying even. I honestly don't get the appeal of the show at all, but to each their own I guess. I couldn't bear watching it past Ep5 or 6, maybe I'll finish it one day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForwardUntoDawn View Post
I find Strike Witches to be a reasonably enjoyable anime, although it appears most anime fans don't seem to like it for the show's lack of trousers and story. I overlook those for the fact that the anime is entertaining in its own right.
Seriously, fuck the haters. I never heard one legitimate point on why Strike Witches would be bad, all you get is stupid kids going "HOW CAN THEY WEAR NO PANTS, THIS IS SO INDECENT". That being said, I think there aren't even that many haters on SW, the fanbase is quite aliveandwell and so is the franchise itself - thankfully. Can't wait for the movie BD.

tt: I loved Hidan no Aria and was baffled at first by how much hatred it got online. After getting to understand anime communities a bit more I realized that it was mostly people jumping on bandwagons (protip: hating JC won't make you look sophisticated) and that on animesuki here even seem to be a few people actively following the LN, which I was really glad about. Still, the fanbase seems to be very small.