View Single Post
Old 2008-04-26, 22:20   Link #37
mdauben

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trax View Post
Good to see this series back from the grave. However, I'm still not overly impressed with this show so far. Perhaps it's me, but I don't feel like there's been any real good (memorable) action yet. Plus I hate some of the side characters (mainly the 2 reporter guys that keep hanging around).
I would agree that the fighting scenes are not particularly memorable, which is a significant complaint for a fighting anime. I do like the characters and the story so far, however. Especially Megumi (perhaps becuase I studied Judo, too) although Lan is growing on me, too.

I am looking forward to the rest of the show.

I'm curious if anyone else watching the show is familiar with the older series Yawara! A Fashionable Judo Girl? It seems obvious that the creators of Wulong were "inspired" by that classic anime (both include a reluctant young female MA prodigy, pushed on by her grandfather and followed by a young sports reporter and his photographer partner). Lots of elements are different, too, but the similarities just seem too close to be coincidence.