Thread: Licensed Btooom!
View Single Post
Old 2012-11-11, 15:11   Link #429
Seihai
スマイリウム

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
To want someone to disappear is the same as or possibly worse than wanting them dead. And not only WANTING them dead, but ACTING upon those desires. There is absolutely no way to sugarcoat such actions. The icing just won't stick. Trust me.
About the wanting for someone to disappear being equal to wanting them dead; we have slightly different viewpoints on that. It's true that both of the things fit together perfectly, but I still differentiate them. They're two different things because wanting someone to disappear doesn't kill that person nor does it neccessarily result in an attempt to do so. If Himiko's friends knew that she was technically sent away to be killed, chances are they'd accept that without second thought as a mere by-product of their curse. But they probably don't even know about that and the "game". So the 'cursing' is the first sequence and the 'killing' the second sequence that only happens with a vague (albeit high) probability depending on many different aspects. Btw. that they wrote on the paper was still part of the 'cursing' and not of the 'killing' or 'acting' as you call it.

And no, I was not trying to sugarcoat anything.