View Single Post
Old 2013-02-10, 17:36   Link #70
Arya

Quote:
Originally Posted by felix View Post
An alternative solution would be of course to just have an offsite helper page that generates the code, since as I understand it writing the list manually is the whole issue here. (in your case at least)
I think that could be a nice solution to encourage even the lazier, so to speak, voters. A sort of step-by-step system, or category-by-category system. Surely it would cost an extra effort for the already great work of the organizers of this contest.
The other main issue that I agree with, is the lack of marketing. Other than add a sticky thread, another solution, that wouldn't not involve directly the AS staff, is making a few catchy ads to use as signature linked to the 3d, for the duration of the contest and preliminaries. Asking a friend to use it, then to a friend of a friend, an so on.
A step ahead could be even using promoting ads, like, using this year as example, Chitanda gazing eyes forcing you to vote for her or Chihaya inflamed eyes asking to play Karuta to vote for the series or whatever you'd want to promote.

Speaking of the results anyways I thing that some winners wouldn't have win with a wider audience, namely Tari Tari. I didn't expect it to win against Hyouka. So I'm pleased. As I'm really pleased by Chihayafuru winning the best tv series, I would have bet on F/Z for that category. And for Another, not that it had much contenders, but keep reading a lot of complaints about that show, even if I know part of them are deserved, felt a bit exaggerated.

Oh, I agree with Triple_r about Guilty Crown OST. In my opinion it was really outstanding, but because the show itself was a disappointment it didn't get the right merit. I, even if I didn't like Hyouka one bit, couldn't avoid voting it for the Best Visuals & Animation.

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.
Arya is offline   Reply With Quote