Old 2013-05-04, 11:21   Link #1
Lantern
<(゜∀。)

Hataraku Maou-sama! (はたらく魔王さま!) [Light Novel]

AKA: The Devil is a Part-Timer!

Genre: Comedy, Fantasy, Shounen, Romance

Synopsis:
Quote:
In a parallel universe, the Demon Lord Satan planned to conquer his native world. He was thwarted when a Hero from one of the villages he was attacking arose, taking the fight back to him. Satan vowed to return as he escaped with one of his minions, his general Alciel.

The pair were then warped into Shibuya, Japan. Broke and having to adjust to humanity, they began working and living. Satan — now Maou Sadao — works part-time at a fast-food joint and Alciel — Shiro Ashiya — is trying hard to find a way to regain their magic. Maou and his colleague, Chiho Sasaki, work as the cashiers at their workplace, and are greatly admired.

Maou's past is starting to catch up with him, however. The Hero who confronted Satan, Emilia Justina, has followed him to Earth and sought him out, but she may not be the greatest threat Maou will have to face in this new world...
Hataraku Maou-sama! is a Light Novel series written by Satoshi Wagahara and illustrated by Oniku. It has two separate manga adaptations and an anime which aired as part of the Spring 2013 Anime lineup.

As of creation this thread, there are 8 volumes of the LN and 15 chapters of the non-High School spin off adaptation of the manga released in Japan.

Spoilers
Spoiler for LN Cover Illustrations from Vol.1-8
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

A bit surprised that there isn't a LN thread for this already. Well here we have it!
I'm currently only up to Vol.6 (still reading) myself, and I must say things are getting really interesting.

In other news, BakaTsuki has already started translating Vol.1.

=====================

-Edit, July 2014-

- Updated LN cover illustrations up to Vol.11

Spoilers
Spoiler for LN Cover Illustrations from Vol.9-11
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Last edited by Lantern; 2014-07-03 at 18:34.
Lantern is offline   Reply With Quote