View Single Post
Old 2010-03-15, 13:39   Link #2135
Kunagisa

Quote:
Originally Posted by KLGChaos View Post
Medaka's back in the bottom five again this week. I'm surprised considering it was the Zen comeback chapter after he was taken out by the swords. I really can't figure out what the Japanese people want from the manga as it seemed like this arc was being well received and then it just drops again at it's climax.
The characters aren't cool enough is just what I think. The people who actually send in votes are the ones that care too much /shrug.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KLGChaos View Post
Judging from the translation for chapter 40, if you combine Naze and Koga, you get a certain other character.

Character who doesn't want people to bother her + girl who's obsessed with abnormal = you figure it out.

Personally, I can't see the appeal of Haruhi. I've only read a chapter and a half of the light novel so far and I hate both the main characters already. Haruhi for being a complete b**** who uses and abuses people and gets away with it and Kyon who doesn't even stand up for a girl that Haruhi pushed to tears. Hell, I like Medaka a lot more than her and that's saying something. Worst part is, I hear they don't change much during the novels either. I just don't undestand how people find that funny... But then agan, a lot of people watch American Idol just to see Simon make fun of people, too. Bleh.
Popularity of Haruhi is Kyon really. If you randomly see a girl bossing everyone around without a guy who's just taking it up the ass without snide comments, then you just call her a female dog and move along. Kyon made it funny and seemingly enjoy it at various points, which added to Haruhi's decent character design then it's a win.
Kunagisa is offline   Reply With Quote