Thread: News Stories
View Single Post
Old 2011-12-28, 11:50   Link #18728
GundamFan0083

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyjay729 View Post
It is interesting to discuss the origins and merits of certain societal laws, however, that's obviously not the issue with the debate about UOD Jews harrassing a schoolgirl. They have the right to their opinions, but as I see it, not to "enforce" them with harrassment on public streets. Visitors to, say, Amish country in the US are obliged to drive a little more cautiously on roads frequented by buggies, but I venture to say few would find that offensive. Spitting and, frankly, acting like Fred Phelps' followers, on the other hand... When was the last time you heard of Amish people spitting at and denouncing as whores women who dared enter Lancaster County, Pennsylvania without a full dress and shawl? Yes, unfortunately, people who enter those neighborhoods in Israel should be forewarned of certain loose-cannon UOD's, just as people should be forewarned when vacationing in Mexico these days, but is it at all justified if they get harrassed or hurt?
I agree in part, however, are we not supposed to stay out of the business of other countries?

We surely can be mortified by the actions of the UOD Jews, and condemn them for this ridiculously primitive behavior (spitting on anyone reminds me of monkeys throwing feces at the zoo), but do we have a right to tell another country what traditions it should be allowed to have?

Quote:
Meanwhile, I must admit that I support the idea of woman-only rail cars in Japan. If certain rail lines have a persistent groper problem, are too crowded for security cameras to have much effect, and women demand them, then I feel it's a sensible choice. I think it's sad that things have supposedly gotten to that level, and there would probably be some significant legal/civil rights issues over such a thing in America, but this is an issue only the Japanese themselves can figure out. Likewise, same with Israel. I'm just a stupid American; I'm not exactly familiar with the labyrinths of Japanese and Israeli laws and customs, so I can't prescribe their solutions for them. I can only offer my opinions. Unfortunately in both societies, it seems some women are being victimized with opposite motives, if you will.
Is it true that there is a groping problem on the Japanese public transit system?
I've the rumors, but I thought that's all they were.

If we are going to get angry about Japan and Israel making these types of laws or tolerating the bad behavior of some of their citizens, then we had better get serious about "White Slavery" worldwide first. These things need to be prioritized IMO, and human trafficking is far worse than what either Japan or Israel has done and/or tolerated.

The Sex Trade in the United States
http://updates.adventures.org/?filen...-united-states

The Protection project has been trying to help stop this horrible practice since 1996, but there simply isn't enough public support.
I blame the media for this.
The US media are quick to attack policies that segregate women, and rightfully so, but are in general silent about the sex trade right here in the United States.