View Single Post
Old 2011-09-30, 00:15   Link #9
mellomarie
fullblown technicolour

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoonroo View Post
I Think the Penguin Queen is a drawn out personality within herself.

Since the beginning of the Show, Himari has been very vanilla. As a child, though, she obviously wasn't - The Himari today doesn't seem capable of that whole argument she had with her mother about the ribbon right before the mirror fell.

It seems that we were shown that scene for reason - most likely because that was a turning point in her life. Maybe that was that point, feeling so bad over what she did to her mother, that she started suppressing everything under a vanilla mask, and the Penguin Queen is specifically the personality that she's been hiding underneath that mask?
i 100% agree. i really do think that the penguin queen is an extended, exaggerated personality of himari. it's himari uninhibited. i even look at the penguin queen's clothes and it's similar to the double h garb, but fancier and more elaborate.

i've also thought that himari's relationship with kanba isn't as one-sided as we think. there's a reason why she picked kanba in the first episode to pull that stuff out of. i also think episode 10, with the cafeteria scene, was himari looking for info for her own benefit.

just my own interpretation.