Thread: Tsundere
View Single Post
Old 2006-07-18, 08:54   Link #42
Shirobane
Haruhiism Worshipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yotsuba
No, I think that's why a tsundere type girl is automatically cold to every boy she meets, until she begins to like him because of something he does, or her feelings build over time. You can think I'm mean if you want. It's a bad quality in real life, but endearing and moé in anime characters? That's unfair.

The truth is if you met half these girls you love so much in life, you'd probably think they were a bitch, isn't that right?
I have to ask, do you ever get fed up being labelled Tsundere from your friends? I honestly don't have a clue how one would act in real life to be labelled that way. A large portion of my female friends are simply strong people and not necessarily cold, would that count?

However though, I think Tsundere characters are endearing in fiction because they are in fiction in the first place. The readers/viewers aren't subjected to the "abuse" that the main character goes through yet they get to see the character progression. Sort of like reaping the rewards without the work if you will.
Shirobane is offline   Reply With Quote